Friday, July 25, 2014

In which the first post is... posted

Weather: Overcast, humid, and cool. At least the ground was dry.
Bunnies: 1
Stops: Amco AM/PM
Also on tonight's agenda: The Crew

There is a coyote in eastern Bellevue. Well, probably more than one, but I've seen one at the same intersection on two separate occasions now, and I've decided she lives somewhere nearby. Both times I saw her, she was staring back at me from the trees on the side of the road. I can't help but get a little nervous about it, honestly, because when I see her I'm about five miles through my six-mile ride home, and at the top of the tallest hill on the route. Which is to say, I'm beat. And all I hear in my head is the Lion King hyenas: "couldn't we just pick off one of the little sick ones?"

No coyote tonight, though - just the rabbit, which ran in front of me for a bit, and the first car I've encountered who was afraid to pass between me and the median. I mean come on... I'm in a bike lane. The funniest part? It was a cop. I am full of confidence in your abilities, officer.

I did get honked at on the way into work today, though, and I can't really blame the driver. Bellevue and Seattle use reflective bumps rather than paint to mark lanes on the road, which makes changing lanes somewhat challenging for a cyclist - you have to kind of quickly swerve in between the gaps. Probably scared the crap out of them.

And my last observation for the evening: the new fenders didn't snap off or shatter my spokes or get me killed. They did make some funny noises on the ride home as debris on the road got picked up by my tires and then kicked off by the fender, but everything seemed to be working as intended. We'll see how they hold up the next time it's wet out. Come at me, Seattle!

(Please don't come at me, Seattle. I'd really prefer sun.)

Oh right, the Amco stop. Maybe tomorrow night. Sleep well, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment