Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Brief

Weather: Cloudy with a chance of ducks
Scenic views: Two
Hooligans: Feathered


No hooligans tonight, but I have definitively concluded that the pond where a dead body may or may not have been dumped a few weeks ago is home to a veritable fleet of ducks. That's the closest I came to hooligans tonight - just a lot of quacking.

My ride home is mostly uphill, with the last three miles or so following a north-south ridge through Bellevue. Twice along the route, cross-streets offer a passable view of Seattle in the distance. It reminds me of the view of Boston from Robbins Park in East Arlington.

Boston from Robbins Park*

Seattle from a downtown Bellevue high-rise**
The weather was pretty perfect both coming and going (maybe a little cool this evening), and once again I didn't drop to the lowest chainring at all on the way home. Yay! Unfortunately that's all I've got for you tonight, because I'm going to go DRAW STUFF! Somehow I ended up in a D&D group with not one or two but THREE talented artists, so I'm feeling a bit pressured to draw my character before our next session this weekend.

Ten days till my Boston friends (and fiancee) invade Seattle!

* Photo credit Vimal S. Konduri, via the Harvard Crimson
** Photo credit Marius ?, via Marius.org

No comments:

Post a Comment